Foot problems become a common complaint for everyone during the winter months. Along with dryness, vasoconstriction is often to blame. This is where blood vessels contract and reduce blood flow to muscles in response to low temperatures, so blood can be sent to more essential organs and keep them warm.
Some examples of winter foot problems include:
- Dry Skin – Severe dryness can cause foot health issues such as heel fissures (cracked heels), calluses, itching and more. Scrub and moisturize your feet regularly to keep these problems away.
- Athlete’s Foot – Skin infections are not only a summer problem. Multiple layers of cotton or wool socks collect sweat and prevent feet from breathing, creating the perfect setting for fungal and bacterial growth.
- Foot Aches – Pain in the feet and legs happens because of poor circulation, heel fissures, arthritis, injury, blisters, and more. Severe or persistent aches, bruising and swelling could signal a fracture as well.
- Frostbite – Blood flow stops when skin is exposed to freezing temperatures for too long, leading to tissue damage. People with diabetes, peripheral arterial disease and circulation problems face a greater risk.
- Chilblains – These small red bumps typically show up on toes and hardened skin when the weather turns cold and damp. These lesions are itchy and painful, but usually go away in 1-2 weeks.
Most of these problems can be prevented by keeping your feet and legs warm, avoiding exposure to extreme temperatures, and following a regular foot care routine. Get proper treatment for injuries and wounds to prevent secondary infections, especially if you have low immunity or conditions like diabetes.
Are Copper Compression Socks the Right Solution?
Here’s why copper compression socks are the best solution for your feet during winter:
- Compression socks enhance circulation in your lower legs and feet, which helps to reduce the symptoms of Raynaud’s Disease and other conditions. They also keep your feet warm by preventing heat loss and regulating body temperature.
- Copper is a powerful antimicrobial, so copper compression socks help you fight fungal and bacterial skin infections. They also prevent foul odors caused by sweat and bacterial growth, and wearing them all day won’t lead to embarrassing smelly feet.
- The mineral also boosts skin health through the synthesis of collagen and elastin, and promotes angiogenesis, the development of blood vessels. Wearing copper infused socks after moisturizing your feet helps your feet and legs feel soft.
Copper compression socks offer many more benefits, such as reducing the effects of hot flashes and easing the symptoms of diabetic foot problems. They’re the perfect winter gift for yourself as well as the people you love. Get your miracle copper socks from Copper Clothing today!