Unless you’re a fan of going commando, choosing the right underwear that keeps your “boys” cool and comfortable is probably an important consideration. Whether you prefer boxers, briefs, Y-fronts or – and we’re not judging here – thongs, you probably have a favorite style that you stick to most of the time.
But, is your underwear actually good for you or is it raising the risk of infections and other problems “down there”? The answer to this mostly depends on the style and fabric, as well as how you care for them. The wrong undergarments can increase the risk of health issues such as excessive sweat, foul odours, bacterial or fungal infections, rashes and irritation.
Underwear for Men: How Fabric and Style Makes a Difference
Underwear material can mean all the difference between feeling cool, dry and comfortable, or hot, sweaty and itchy. The wrong fabric can also raise the risk of jock itch, rashes and certain urinary tract infections. Ideally, cotton and other soft, breathable fabrics should be the materials of choice.
However, you also need to choose the right style of underwear. Loose-fitting boxers are generally more comfortable and better for genital health, but if you prefer wearing briefs, just make sure they’re not too tight and feature breathable materials. Here are some other facts to consider:
- Sleeping in briefs or boxers can make your genitals too warm, compromising sperm quality and raising the risk of infection.
- Your genital region needs to remain cool for optimal fertility, since temperature affects sperm production and motility.
- Bacterial build-up can raise the risk of chafing, itching or irritation, which leads to a higher likelihood of infection.
How Do Copper-Infused Fabrics Help to Prevent these Issues?
- Pure & Natural – Copper is an environmentally-friendly, chemical-Copper underwear for men is created with copper-infused fabrics, and key benefits include:
and drug-free, non-invasive solution for healthier living. Unlike other antibacterial clothing, it’s safe for wearing against skin even for extended periods of time.
- Durable & Lasting – Since copper ions are bonded to the fabric on a molecular level, copper-infused clothing is machine-washable and extremely durable. The copper will last the lifetime of the product.
- Moisture Control – Copper clothing is created with soft, breathable and natural materials that wick away extra moisture to keep you fresh, dry and comfortable all day. This also ensures better hygiene and prevents foul odours too.
- Thermal Regulation – Maintaining the right temperature in the genitals is an essential aspect of optimizing sperm production. Copper has excellent thermal regulation properties, making it the right choice for men’s undergarments.
- Anti-Microbial – Along with fighting infection-causing bacteria, viruses and fungi, copper is extremely effective at preventing the build-up of heat and moisture in your nether regions. This discourages microbe growth and prevents chafing or irritation too.
Copper Clothing offers a wide range of copper-infused boxers and underwear for everyday use, sports and workouts, sensitive skin, and more. Check out our full range to find your perfect fit today!